This week we will look at styling a Yahoo Pipes badge, the easiest way to get content from a pipe and onto your page. However, badges don’t give you a lot of control – we’ll look at the second, more complex way to get data from a pipe next week.
We’re going to use a number of different pipes and put them on a page. For this example, I’m going to use:
- Queensland Election Youtube Search
- ABC News Queensland Election Feed
- Queensland Election Twitter search
But you can use any pipes you want.
What you will need for this exercise
- Working Pipes (use mine, linked above if you are still completing your own)
- Firebug is a plugin for Firefox that allows you to inspect and edit the HTML and CSS of any webpage. You can install it from https://getfirebug.com/downloads/
- A text editor for creating HTML and CSS files, such as Komodo Edit.
You can find the HTML and CSS for a simple example here.